dltv 223 episode
Why you might want to use OpenDNS, Hulu.com goes live and More!
What's new in Episode 223
• Robert is back in the saddle again.
• Our Viewer Tech Pic of the Week is from Ric in Ohio.
• Hulu.com Goes Live! We take a look at the added content and Scott talks about subscribing to a show and an annoying aspect of the playlist functionality. But he still loves the site.
• Cisco Cheng, Lead Analyst of Laptops for PC Magazine reviews the Lenovo ThinkPad X300.
• Want to speed up your web surfing or have more control over what sites can be accessed from your computers? We show you the what/why/how of OpenDNS.
• Our Viewer Question is from Kim in Georgia:
What is a HDMI converter? I just brought a 1080p HDTV and a HD DVD player but my cable box is not a HD box. Will a HDMI converter help my cable box?
I don't recommend the use of any "HDMI converter" products as they can be costly and will provide no picture quality improvements over using the satellite receiver's analog video ports directly. And whenever possible, avoid using a device's composite video port if an S-Video port (or component video) can be used instead. Of course, if the source device and HDTV have HDMI ports, then always use them for the best possible image quality. I recommend going to www.monoprice.com and www.bluejeanscable.com. You should be able to find the cables you need at a better price than brick and mortor stores.
• Loyd Case will be back on the show in the near future. So, if you have a question for the Editor of ExtremeTech.com, Email us at email@example.com with 'Ask Loyd' in the subject line.
• we have a new giveaway. Enter to receive a Zalman FPS GUN FG 1000 Gaming Mouse. Giveaway ends March. 27th. YOU HAVE 2 WEEK LEFT. The drawing will be April 3rd. The rules are simple:
• Create a video of 20 seconds or less.
• The video must be about your favorite online time waster.
• You must be a resident of the US and at least 18 years of age. For the full legalese download the rules.
• Upload it to your YouTube page.
• If you haven't already, add DL.TV as a friend!
• Share your video with us!
• Even if you don't win we might still use your video on a future episode of DL.TV
• And don't forget to send us an email with your full name, URL and name of the YouTube account you used, mailing address and your phone number. Put "DL.TV Gaming Mouse Giveaway" in the subject line.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org